Why I need (or thought I did) copper hardware . . .

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

Thanks for all the responses.  I probably should have explained why I need
(or thought I needed) the copper hardware to begin with.
I've made a few MMC enclosures using PVC Type I material and on each side of
the enclosure (which is vented now for cooling) I had
a standard 1/4-20 steel bolt for an electrical connection.

This was to be used for the ISSTC II coil i recently finished and found that
these steel bolts are getting so hot that they are actually melting the
PVC material.  They are RED HOT!   I have eliminated induction type heating
with them, so resistive losses is the only other culprit here.

Using a better bolt would hopefully solve this problem (copper, brass,
aluminum ? ? ?)

Thanks
Dan