Bang energy vs. streamer length measurements

Original poster: Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com

Hello all,

I have completed the first set of measurements on Thor and I was
thinking to share with you my findings.

I have changed the bang energy (primary capacitor voltage), the RSG
rotating rate and the grounded target distance. For each position I have
measured "how well" the target was reached. In particular I was able to:

- document how the streamer grows length from bang to bang
- model the hit probability with a Weibull distribution
- show that a change in the RSG rotating rate DOESN'T influence the
streamer length

Read the whole story (includes diagrams and data) at:

http://www.iki.fi/dncmrc/meas/performance.htm

My "performance" measurement method offers a very good repeatibility and
can be easily used with any SSTC. It is very easy to test a supposed
performance improvements by using it.
I hope to receive some feedback also on it, considering also the recent
debate about the "energy and power" stuff.

Suggestions, questions, comments and corrections are all welcome.

Best Regards

P.S: Coming next -> New measurements with RSG gap amount reduced from 4
to 2. Any improvements? We'll see...

and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs