Re: Resonant Voltage Formula

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Thanks Antonio,
Others as well as I will find this verty useful.
Cheers,
John

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz"

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: John

 > As we all know a resonant circuit driven at it's resonant frequency will
 > have a final voltage of Vin * Q of the circuit. I wish to know if there is
 > a formula or method for finding the voltage at X number of cycles. This
 > also might be useful in the up and coming DRSSTC field.

For a - single LCR circuit - the amplitude of the oscillations follows:
Vpeak = Vmax(1-exp(-t/T))
where T=2*Q/w0 and t is the time.
but t=n*2*pi/w0 where n is the number of cycles.
Vpeak = Vmax(1-exp(-n*pi/Q))
Q cycles: 0.96 Vmax
Q/2 cycles: 0.80 Vmax
Q/4 cycles: 0.54 Vmax