Re: An Electrolytic ground plane

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi John,

Just like in high voltage transmission lines, the voltage is very high
but
the current is low.  Thus, a bunch of resistance in your ground plane
is
not going to matter much.  Wet dirt is far overkill!!!

Search the web of the term "counterpoise tesla".  Radial wires give a
very
good ground plane while avoiding circular eddy currents that may steal
power from the primary coil.

Cheers,

          Terry
I agree.  Terry probably remembers the last time we got together in Denver
for a mini Teslathon....I ran my coil using about a three foot ground rod
in dry dirt and got something close to 10 ft arcs easily...Terry...if you
still have those pics on your hot streamer site could you send me the link
offlist?   I lost my old puter and the link.
Mike