Re: gdt

Original poster: David Speck <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

Claude,
Three problems that might be a factor with Cat 5 cable --

The outer jacket will add a lot of bulk to your coil -- might crowd out
some windings unless you are using a big core.

The wires in Cat 5 are in pairs twisted in opposite directions at differing
twist rates to give a degree of isolation between pairs..
Might not give as good coupling as 5 parallel wires all twisted together.

The insulation on Cat 5 is not rated for especially high voltage -- might
or might not be a problem.

Just my two cents worth.
Dave