Re: Super Small SSTC (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:38:51 -0400
From: Jim Mitchell <Electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Super Small SSTC

This is actually an "SSTC" circuit which is driving the secondary.  There is
an internal primary and an antenna, which picks up the radiation from the
secondary and feeds it back into the gate drive chip,  which then drives the
mosfet, which in turn switches the primary on and off at the resonant
frequency of the secondary.

I think we could all confirm that the definition of a tesla coil is an AIR
cored resonant transformer which makes a high voltage, and preferebly corona
discharge.   What's the point of just an oscillating air cored coil if it
makes no high voltgae or corona discharge?

Regards - Jim Mitchell