Re: Synchro Motor

Hi Michael,

You can buy an induction motor off of ebay and modify it for sychronous
operation.  I just did that with a 1/12 HP 1725 rpm Franklin motor with
Terry's help and found it was pretty easy.  The motor I modified was a cap
start motor that gives high starting torques.  Being a 4 pole motor, all it
takes is grinding 4 flats on the rotor at 90 degrees apart.  The depth of
the grinding is important but easily determined after looking at the stator
coil.  If you choose to go this way, I and I'm sure others would be happy to
talk you thru it.

Gerry R