Re: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >
 > Yes, they certainly could.  Just thought it might make your program "even
 > more perfect" than it is.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance

	Easy enough to do.  As a result of calculations of your big coil I
decided to modify the program to use a more accurate calculation for
inductance, which changes the results very slightly.  The result is that
I now get these outputs:

Wire length 11058 feet

Wire weight 56.07 pounds

DC resistance 70.6 ohms

Fr 16.779 kHz

Inductance 522.11 MILLIHENRIES  (half a Henry, that's a lot!)

Apparent precision not a bit warranted, of course.... This is for #18
wire, the largest for which the net winding factor came out to be less
than 1 so my program would allow the calculation.  B e interesting to
see how some of those extra parameters compare to what you've measured.

	For the record, I've found that calculating the number of turns from an
accurate value of RDC works surprisingly well, considering the probable
variations in R/ft for different lots of wire, and for the effects of
wire stretching for smaller sizes.

Ed