Re: TC & Lightning 3

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Several years ago I saw on the TV show NOVA where they were shooting
rockets into thunder storms to attract lightning.  They were using some
type of electronic device to measure the static buildup in the clouds.  The
knew from observing a few lightning strikes the power range where lightning
would discharge to ground.  By observing the power as it increased they
knew when to shoot the rocket so it would go up at the correct time to
discharge the lightning to ground a few seconds before it discharged on its
own.   Is this devise you mention here the same thing?   I have often
wondered how to build a device that would monitor static buildup in the
clouds.  I have also wondered if this device would be useful for a Tesla
Coil.

Gary Weaver
gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.