Re: TC & Lightning 2

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I am using what is called a Dead Man Switch.  Its just a normally closed
switch connected in series with a small battery and the electric ignitor.
I use a small stick to hold the switch button down so the switch is open as
long as the button is pushed.  I have a long plastic fishing string
attached to the stick.  When its time to fire the rocket I jerk the string
as hard and fast as I can.  The stick is jerked out and the switch closes
igniting the rocket.  The switch and battery are setting on the ground a
few feet from the rocket and I am a long way off the launch pad holding the
other end of the string.   The stick and string usually land in the yard a
long way from the launch pad and with a little help from the wind it lands
even farther away.   I have a few lightning pictures but not many.
Lightning is very fast and the only way to get a pic is to use a cable
release and hold the shutter open for as long as it take for the lightning
to strike.   I have left the shutter open of as long as 20 minutes in the
dark and got some good pics.  If you leave the shutter open for even 1
minute during daylight it will over expose the film.  No videos.

Gary Weaver
gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.