Help needed with voltage divider

Original poster: "Denicolai, Marco" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>

Hello all,

I am also proceeding with my water voltage divider roughly described at

http://www.iki.fi/dncmrc/work/hv_divider.htm

My sealed distilled water column gives a 1:60 division ratio and a
second (compensated) stage at the bottom of it a 1:10 ratio, for a total
of about 1:600 ratio. The first stage resistance is about 1.2 Megaohms.
On the column top I have two copper pipes (6 mm o.d.) I used to pump
water in and air out. I used an old refrigerator pump to extract all the
air I could from the water. Then I sealed (soldered) the pipe tops. The
pipe tops and the bottom networks remain both enclosed inside two
rounded aluminium caps. Just a shielded cable going out of the ground
(bottom) terminal.

After two weeks from the sealing air bubbles started again forming
inside the (plexi) tube. I am pretty sure I have no leaks. There are
also no sediments inside. The water is still clear. So, what's going on?
How pros do to get read of the air dissolved in the water?

Anybody who can help me with this?

Regards