Re: THOR Bang energy vs. streamer length measured

I respectfully disagree with this conclusion.

Pulses/sec DO affect spark length.  A typical med size TC has a 4-5 ft long
spark even though the actual output potential is only 140-160 kV range.

As the pulses/sec increase the residual ions in the air help cause the spark
to lengthen.  I've seen this by shooting photographs of a coil with a 10 ft.
long spark with a high speed camera.  You can see the "spark growing"
phenomonea.

If you are saying a spark length is independent of pulse rate, trying
running a single shot using an ignitron.  There is no way a single shot TC
is going to develop the same spark length as a coil running at 480 pps.

We run our model M-150 at 480 pps to deliver a 8-9 ft long spark at 8.5 kVA
average input power.  When we run it in single shot mode to measure
potential the spark output is a mere 24-28 inches.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913