Re: without wires?

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

I wrote some notes on this topic a while ago,

  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tesla-notes/030802.html

I think Ed and Jim have said all that needs saying.  I did try to
observe the Schumann resonances once,

  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tmp/sr1-110902.gif

but as you can see the result isn't very convincing.  The lowest
mode at around 8Hz is below the rx cutoff.  The equipment was
pretty makeshift.  Actually I think I was using a large TC as the
H field antenna - it has a low frequency corner of about 12Hz.

Hmm, a TC would make quite a decent E field antenna for VLF, by
virtue of the large elevated topload.  For example, Thor, if the
base were connected to an audio amp with 10MOhm input Z via a
short low-capacitance cable (ie not coax), would have a low
frequency cutoff at around 130Hz.

Chris Swinson wrote:

 > I recall a nice TV show to where "the flying doctors" rescued
 > people without landing the chopper etc, though the problem was
 > as soon as the touched the ground they would get a massive
 > electrical shock, they often ended up worse than the victims,
 > it took them a long time to work out why, now they have to
 > drop a "ground wire"

Having been winched in and out of big rescue helicopters on a
few occasions, I can say yes, you try very hard to make sure the
strop reaches you *after* that big dangling wire below it has
touched the ground.
--
Paul Nicholson