RE: THOR Bang energy vs. streamer length measured

Original poster: "Denicolai, Marco" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>

Hi Steve,

 > I thought about it some more- This needs a correction. Marco
 > did his calculations on the basis of probability per bang,
 > i.e. at a given set of conditions, 1 out of every 50 bangs
 > would result in a spark hitting the target.
 >
 > Now, even if that probability did not alter with bps, the
 > sparks would still appear to get longer as the bps increases,
 > just because there are more sparks per second, so the
 > probability of seeing a freakishly large one in a given time
 > interval is that much higher.
 >
 > Steve C.

Sorry but it was the other way round. It was just the probability of a
hit that changed with the BPS. The spark length did NOT change with the
BPS.
The fact that there are more hits doesn't mean that length grows!
Remember that I count the number of bangs needed to score a hit. Their
distribution didn't change! Same number of bangs are needed to hit the
rod.

It was like with playing golf. You usually get to the hole with, say,
about five strikes. When you fail you loose the ball into the lake
nearby or into the woods. Now if your skills better you just reach more
often the hole. But that doesn't mean your strikes are more powerful.

Best Regards