Re: Alarm system

Dave:

It requires a certain amount of I^2 * t to set off an elec. blasting cap.
For blasting safety planning, a 25 mA maximum is required, however, this is
a large margin of safety.  For actual initiation a current of 250 mA minimum
is required per cap.

I doubt you would get this induced current at any distance over 25 feet with
a TC unless the "receiving circuit" consisting of the cap lead wires just
happens to be the resonant freq of your coil.  You could try SSTC and
sweeping a range to get it to work.

When you drop by for the caps I will give you some elec. squibs (burn not
blast) to use for testing this range.

You looked like a drowned rat at EAA so I thought it might work out better
to get the phenolic at a later date.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.