Re: Bleed resistors for MMC caps

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren1-at-iinet-dot-net.au>
 >
 > I use 3 bleed resistors per cap.  Others use one standard one and get away
 > with it. Others use none at all. I am not sure what the right approach is.
 > I don't know anyone who is using the HV ones in view of the cost.

I use four in series, or the smallest that I can find, arranged in a
zig-zag pattern across each capacitor (or array of capacitors in
parallel). So far, no problem at all. I check the resistors
periodically.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz