Re: living room lights don't work!!

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

In my last house, the aluminum lugs inside the meter
base became so loose that everything on that leg would
intermittantly dim. While the loose connection was
inside the meter base, and inaccessible to me, the
power company's position is that it is the owner's
responsibility to maintain those connections. I had to
get a new meter base (free from the power company) and
had the power company disconnect the house, while I
replaced the guts to the meter base. In talking to the
power guy, this isn't all that uncommon. I guess the
combination of aluminum wire, aluminum lug, and the
possibility of the connection not being adequately
tightened to begin with, caused a very unsafe
condition. The aluminum lug was severely damaged, due
to arcing, before I identified the source of the
problem.

Maybe worth checking the connections inside your load
center as well as your meter base.

Adam