RE: Stripping Litz wire - was RE: ISSTC questions

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I gave paint stripper another try, this time allowing the wire to be
submerged for about a day and a half.  In my previous attempt, I waited
only about 5 minutes.  This time after the long soak, the enamel washed
right off the wire under a high pressure water rinse, and solder took to
the wire like a duck to water.  The paint stripper did contain methylene
chloride among other nasty things.  Thanks for the tip!

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Richard Modistach" <hambone-at-dodo-dot-com.au>

try methalene chloride,
it takes a while depending on coating thickness
but it eventualy dissolves the enamel to leave
bare, bright shiny copper.

regards
richard
aus