Re: Eagle layout & Gerber files

Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Tesla list wrote:
 > Original poster: "Chris Swinson" <tesla-at-cps-electronics.co.uk>
 > I'm trying to export my DDSSTC design in Eagle layout 4.11 into gerber
 > files, I can just about do this though the PCB company keeps saying there is
 > problems with drill size information, likes its missing or incorrect. Does
 > anyone have a guide to this or even better has a job control script they can
 > send me to export the  gerber files ?

Did you run the 'drillcfg.ulp' script, and include the generated .drl
drill configuration file with the stuff you sent to your PCB company?

This step by step "tutorial" covers Eagle .brd => gerber files creation
nicely, and what files one'd typically send in.
   http://www.precma.it/informatica/gerber01.htm

You can verify the end result with GerbView or other progs
   http://www.softwarecompanions-dot-com/gerbview.html

cheers,
  - Jan

--
  Helsinki University of Technology
  Dept. of Electrical and Communications Engineering