Re: Maxwell 31159 cap on eBay

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: Maxwell 31159 cap on eBay

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >

 > The .149 uF cap is only rated for 20% voltage reversal.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance

One could also derate that too.  The paper from Maxwell labs describes the
derating for VR (actually Q, but you can convert).  I think the real problem
is that aside from having to use the cap for something it clearly wasn't
designed for, you don't know how many of those very few shots are left.  At
120 bps, it only takes 1000 seconds (20 minutes, give or take) to put that
100,000 shots on the cap.