From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 7:59 PM
Subject: RE: PWM Controller question

 > Original poster: "David Trimmell" <humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com>
 >
 > Hey that is a good question, I wondered about that also. But, Phil, you
 > got my interest; you are going to Audio Modulate a "H-Bridge" of vacuum
 > tubes!? Holly cow! What mode? Triodes, Pentodes? Heck you have me
 > salivating on what possible design you may use?!! Of course, you can
 > also do it with IGBT's and drop the filament power needs and voltage
 > issues. I think Dan's PlasmaSonic design is good, but I could see some
 > improvements in using (possibly) rail modulation. Real high power plasma
 > audio modulation will be seriously cool! I have seen it while arcing
 > something "semi-grounded" to a AM radio station tower many years past
 > (don't ask!). My grid modulated VTTC has been the closest I have seen
 > yet, but quality was unreliable.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > David Trimmell

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
<dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

This small feedback signal was a very basic attempt at allowing the system
to maintain constant tune even under longer arcs and
is basically inferior compared to the self-resonant topologies in use today.
This small feedback idea was one of Richie Burnett's and it does work to
some extent.

Dan