RE: Vac U Forming?

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

Hello Gregory

Tiring of the expense of buying custom made plastic transformer cases
for his degaussing business, a person I know said he turned to making
them himself. I don't know all the details, but it involved making a
mold of the desired shape. A plastic sheet was heated in a brick oven to
a certain temperature and placed over the mold. With the application of
a vacuum refrigerator pump, the plastic immediately took on the shape of
the mold. So its possible, but needs high order practical skills---I
would not attempt it myself.

Godfrey Loudner