Re: can so please double check my math for me

Original poster: Zagarus Rashkae <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Jimbo,

It does take a lot of wire to cover a coil. At a
glance, 900 feet doesn't seem far off. However, your
coil is way out of proportion ;) For a 3 inch diameter
coilform, you should use a coil about 12-18 inches
high, and wind it with 28AWG wire. Your coil as
described is way too tall and uses way too thick wire.
Again, you will find that you will probably need over
1000 feet of wire. It's not a lot, in coil terms :)

Regards,

Chris Lu