Re: magnetic fields in spark gaps

Hi Antonio,

Someone had a link to a picture of this effect in a thread on magnetic
quenching that was going on, I think, last fall.  The poster described the
arc a a circle between the electrodes that was oriented so the H field was
threading thru the circle.  I think he didn't know why the shape, but I
believe was due to the AC nature of the current thru a DC magnetic field.
You might check the archieves for that link.

Take care,
Gerry R