Re: SSTC vs SPTC was ( Re: NSTand PT replacement xmfrs)

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

Not this power vs. energy crap again . . .  ;)

I'm talking about REAL Power RMS being delivered to the primary circuit.  So
basically this is a comparison of efficiencies I suppose.

And my comparison is one of both qualitative and quantitative measurements.
It is based on observations and measurements taken of
my ISSTC and other coils I have seen using a 14.4kV / 1.5kVA Potential
Transformer powered tesla coil running at about 3 to 3.5kW.

In all cases I have witnessed, the arc thickness and voracity is greater in
the ISSTC with REAL Rms input power of 1.5kW vs. ALL the PT
powered coils I have seen (which is about five so far) running at 3 to 3.5kW
REAL Rms input power.  Also, arc length from the ISSTC almost
always exceeded the arc length i've seen in these PT powered coils.

(REAL RMS input power was measured using the appropriate equipment on both
my ISSTC coil and my 3.5kW PT powered spark gap coil)
Since the other four coils I've seen (i.e. Terry Blake's, Bill Shepards,
etc...) use identical ballast and similar set-ups, i assume the same
REAL Rms input power)

Dan