Re: Terry Gap vs. TCBOR...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Ed,

I already covered this in one post, but in the fear
that it might start one of those tangents which cause
a thread to lose relevance to its original subject...I
have to say that in 5 years of running many different
types of static gaps with coils using a 12/60 or
smaller powersupply, I can assure you that airflow or
lack thereof will not effect this test.  It was
definately something worth pointing out, but in this
case it won't matter.

I've seen powerarcing occur in several gaps when no
airflow is present, and in no case (in my system) did
it ever occur instantly.  There was always a marked
decline in output which coincided with heating in the
gap.  I plan on taking the scope readings well before
powerarcing due to gap heating begins to take place.

Thanks,
-Brett

PS:  I knew "are" was supposed to be "air".  Thanks.