RE: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better (Condensor Products)?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

In thirty-something year's experience of dealing with electronic
faults, I have observed that somewhere in the vicinity of 80%+ of all
faults are due to poor or failed connections of one kind or another,
be they soldered, crimped, contact, wrapped etc. Types of failures
include improperly tightened screws/nuts, dry joints, joints not even
soldered in the first place (not showing up initially because good
practice had been followed by ensuring a sound mechanical fixing
prior to soldering), corrosion between pressure points, poor quality
soldering (quite common a few years ago), solder cracked around the
periphery of wires subject to thermal stresses (often as a result of
poor tinning and/or not enought solder in the first place), and
others I can't think of on the spur of the moment. Pressure-contacts
under oil sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Malcolm