Re: Homemade coil winding lathe

This is almost the same setup I used for my 8x36 coil.  My wife turned the
crank and I feed the wire on with my thumb and used my other hand
(fingernail) to push the turn tight against the other windings.  I shellac'd
the form first as this made a tacky surface to wind onto.  My wife and I
finished the 1440 turns in about 3 hours and yes, my thumb survived.  I
probably didn't have the correct winding tension for 23 awg but encasing the
coil in polyurythene afterward will keep anything from loosening up.  The
easy part was the winding.  The hard part was the seven days to put seven
brides, I mean coats, of polyurythene on :-))

Gerry R.

Thanks Terry for the use of your winding jig

 > Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

<http://www.hydrogen18-dot-com/articles/winding_lathe/>http://www.hydrogen18-dot-com
/articles/winding_lathe/