Re: CD 942 failure tonight

Hi John,

I've done a number of spice simulations of the phasing of an SRSG (120pps).
The behavior seems to give the highest Cp voltage when phased about 1.5ms
after peak (60Hz).  When I rephased later,  voltage dropped and when I
phased earlier, at peak, and even before peak, the voltage dropped.  When
the SRSG stopped, the voltage would drop to about half of rating.  Of course
these simulation were with a Cp of about 3.1 * Cres where the steady state
voltage (with no firing) was about 1/2 of rating.  I sorta concluded that
with a proper valued Cp, I could not overvolt the Cp.  Could you elaborate
on the abuse you are thinking of?

Gerry R.