Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better (Condensor Products)?

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >
 > If they are oil-filled caps, befriend someone at a local paint supply
 > company.  Put each of them on the "paint shaker" for 10 min and you will
 > have no air bubble problems.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance

Dr. R

Air bubbles might be the least of the problems after 10 minutes of the
rigors of a paint shaker! I would think that the stresses on the
delicate internal foil/dielectric packets would be a little out of the
G-force design specs of most any commercial pulse cap.

I have a number of Condenser Products caps mounted horizontally, roll
them approximately 15 degrees every few months and have had no failure
problems. They can be mounted vertically to eliminate the "problem"
altogether.

Any of the pulse rated PVC cased, rectangular Maxwells I have
disassembled had the individual packets wrapped in heavy porous
cardboard which serves to "wick" the oil into the packets to insure that
they don't dry out.

Ed Wingate RATCB