RE: Big Transformer eBay

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

Hello Eric

Don't worry, no one else is going to bid.
A long haul is too expensive. That
is if the guy with ebay name Hotrod
do not want it. Hotrod has very deep pockets,
and few can compete with him in that department.
I sort of understand Hotrod, and I don't think
he will go after this transformer.
However if you live close enough to pick it up
yourself, get it. I once won on ebay two
complete x-ray transformers from this seller.
One of the transformers was super heavy.
Because I was getting worried about shipping
charges and the seller was having trouble
dealing with its weight, we both readily
agreed not to ship the unit. However the
other transformer caused the following.

Expense 1. $120 for the transformer

Expense 2. Renting a forklift to get
the unit on a pallet.

Expense 3. Freight on a 1000 mile or so haul.

Expense 4. Renting a forklift to get it
from a dock to my place.

Expense 5. Hiring 6 strong men to get it inside.

The total amount was just too high for me to ever
mention again. I was a green horn in dealing with
freight at that time---now I know!

However, this seller is a very nice person. But
a number of people bailed out on this seller
after they got wind of the freight charges.

Godfrey Loudner