Maximum input voltage for cockraft walton voltage multipliers.

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

Hi,

my cockraft walton voltage multiplier is made with all components good up
to 10 kilavolts. When I originally designed the unit I was told each
component must be good up to the final ouput voltage(4 stage unit) meaning
my maximum input voltage would be 2500 VAC, but it occured to me that if
each stage is charged in paralell then series, why shouldnt I be able to
feed it with 10 kilavolts AC and get 40 kilavolts out? Is this true?

---Eric