From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 16:27
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Is UHMW any good?

Original poster: JOSEPH CACCIATORE <jocatch-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

I am now ready to built my primary using copper tubing (my tubing will be
standard 1/4" with 1/4" spacing and I need about 18 turns)

I saw some UHMW on Ebay cheap which I am thinking would make a good
standoff/holder for the copper pipe. The only thing is I never heard of
UHMW. I assume it is a good insulator but how easy is it to work with? And
how do you guys get such nice cutouts in your standoffs?  Is it easy to cut
and drill, do I need special tools?

JC