From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 5:56 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Winding primary

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

   > Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

   >... Finally, if
   > the first primary looks like a nightmare, discard the
   > Cu tube and try again. You're only out $12 or
   > so--chicken feed in this cash-intensive hobby!

And note that unless your coil is a really big thing, there is no
technical reason to use tubing for the coil. Any reasonably thick
wire is more than enough. All my primaries were made with #18
solid wire (Ok, a 5 kV x30 mA NST doesn't give a lot of power).
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/tefpprim.jpg
Not a work of art, but cheap and works.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz