Re: Another 942 run

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Dave,

On my controller I have an ammeter and voltmeter on the main variac output.
Non-PFCed, the current can range anywhere between 14-19 amps for the pair of
12/60s, depending on SRSG phasing.  During a run, the current will jump
around a bit.  The current will drop in the sweet spot as the phase control
is adjusted.

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "Dave Kyle" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>
 >
 > John,
 >
 > I am not the expert as others on this list are but your popping a 20 amp
 > breaker with a 12KV -at- 120 with PFC caps is suspicious to me. I had a
similar
 > experience with 15KV -at- 90 running a SRSG. My gap was about 90 degrees off
 > and caused me no end of blown 20 amp fuses until I corrected the timing.
It