Re: Magnetic quenching.

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Want a big magnet?

http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3801104728&category=1267

You can always rely on E-Bay.

But seriously:

Now that we know that the negative incremental resistance caracteristic of
the arc channel is due to the fact, that the channel just gets fatter to
accomodate higher currents (which replaces "magic" with straightforward, I
think) perhaps it is time to nail down what to expect from applying a
magnetic field across the arc.

One would expect that it would merely bend into a curve, making it longer,
which hardly seems desirable.

Cheers, Finn Hammer