Re: Liquid properties

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Luke,

One way to keep the water exclusive for cooling and separated from
conducting electrically, would be to build this gap, soft soldered from
commonly available copper fittings, and tube. I visualized this design from
a description you made some time ago.

http://www.hammertone-dot-com/lukegap.jpg

Each loop would require
2 small 90deg. bends,
2 big/small/big T-pieces
2 small->big dia. straight transitions
1 small dia. pibe
1 big dia. pipe

The small dia. of the pipe in the sparking zone will promote rapid
thermal self-circulation of the water into the larger cooling reservoirs.
All sorts of cooling finns can be soldered to these reservoirs to promote
further cooling.

Cheers, Finn Hammer