Re: First observations on streamer formation (try II)

Hi Marco,

 > Original poster: Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com
 >

 >  > 2.  I presume your RSG is variable speed and the electronics
 >  > maintains sync
 >  > with it.  If so, for each pps setting and with the phasing
 >  > optimized (I
 >  > don't know if phasing is applicable in your case), vary the
 >  > number of bangs
 >  > until maximum streamer growth is obtained, log pps, number of bangs,
 >  > streamer growth,  and bang energy.
 >
 > I have no phasing because I charge with DC the primary capacitor. My PPS
 > boundaries are charging speed (limiting the maximun PPS) and re-ignition
 > (limiting the minimum PPS)

OK, for each pps, you can still find the optimum number of bangs and log the
number of bangs, streamer growth, and bang energy.

 >  > 4. Evaluate staggered presentations  (don't know if the
 >  > electronics are
 >  > capable of syncing to a staggered RSG. The bang energy in a
 >  > real system may
 >  > not be constant either.  (see richie burnett's writeup on this)
 >
 > What do you precisely mean?

It might be best if you see richie's writeup.  He has a theory where the
electrodes on the rotor are non evenly spaced so the there is some dithering
of the interval between bangs.  I'm not sure I remember what he was trying
to achieve, but I think he saw some benefit

Take care,
Gerry R