Re: early rotary gap

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 3/21/04 7:27:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 > Original poster: Mike <megavolts61-at-yahoo-dot-com>
 >
 > Isn't it akin to sacrilege to use anything invented my Marconi in Tesla
 > coil construction...even if it's a good invention?   lol
 > Mike

Only among the anally fundamentalist and avid sports-fan mentalities.
Although they were intellectual adversaries, Leibnitz's notation is used
everywhere today in "Newton's calculus". Marconi's wireless application of
Hertzian waves was practical, and Tesla's atmospheric and terrestrial
transmission methods are still not.

Matt D.