Re: re: D5000 - B Luxtrol variac

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Ah. Below you said it had a Powerstat label, but now I
see the Subject is Luxtrol. Obviously a typo below
(initial post).

I figure these things come in all kinds of packages,
based on intended purpose. Mine were linkage
controlled, rather than by shafts. Still sounds like
they are similar.

I also picked this up from the same theatre:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/radiastat1.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/radiastat2.jpg

I initially thought the thing was a big variable
resistor, since it was called a Radiastat. Later
testing showed it to be a potted variac, with a pretty
cool wiper mechanism.

Adam

 > Original poster: DRIEBEN-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com
 >
 > Adam,
 >
 > Actually my Luxtrol looks almost identical to the
 > 1256D's that you
 > got from me, externally. I'm at work now so I can't
 > snap any pics to
 > send to hotstreamer-dot-com. Maybe if I can get out my
 > digicam tomorrow,
 > I can snap a pic of it and put it on hotstreamer.
 > The only difference
 > is the stick-on label that reads "Luxtrol" instead
 > of Powerstat. Of
 > course it is taper wound like yours and has no taps
 > like David Weiss
 > mentioned.
 >
 > David Rieben

<snip>
 >  > --- Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
 >  > > Original poster: DRIEBEN-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com
 >  > >
 >  > > Hi all,
 >  > >
 >  > > Got a little question on a beauty that I just
 > got on
 >  > > ebay. Externally,
 >  > > it looks just like a 1256D powerstat and has
 > the
 >  > > Powerstat name on the
 >  > > frame support members just like a 1256.
<snip>

_