Re[2]: 4 pack MOT! wowsa!

Original poster: Mike Poulton <mpoulton-at-mtptech-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

 >  >temporarily or how about a 60 KVA
 >  > 470 pf russian transmitter cap on  each 5000 volt output?

 > I am not sure if this type of cap can handle this, but the values ( I assume
 > 60KVA is upposed to be 60KV )
 > sound reasonable. I used 2 seriesed MOT-capacitors on each HV leg in series
 > and these worked great, especialy in
 > respect of the lower voltage drop ( even some rise does/can occour here as
 > far as I know )

That would be 60KVA, 5kV.  Way oversized for power, and not quite
enough capacitance, I think.  Check the reactance of 470pf at 60Hz --
it will be quite a bit less than what you want, if you desire an amp
or so of output current.

Mike Poulton
MTP Technologies
mpoulton-at-mtptech-dot-com
KC0LLX (70cm AM ATV, 33cm/12cm FM ATV, Omaha, NE)