Re: gmheicslr --- uh oh...once again!

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Steve/All

>Anyway, about solid state stuff, check this out:
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/HVpulser.htm
>So far my best spark is 5" from a normal "can" type coil with the core
>still in it ;)  The charging voltage was 1200V on that shot.  The sidacs
>are used as a solid state spark gap.

Looking at your schematic, am I right in thinking that this is still a true
Tesla topology if we leave out the pulse transformer core?

Were you still using 600V caps at 1200V?  If so, that's what I call
over-engineered!

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith