Sphere-in-Sphere

Original poster: "john cooper" <tesla-at-tesla-coil-dot-com>

I'm trying to add to the sphere-in-sphere thread and hope I'm doing this
correctly.

Anyway, Charles Yost and myself are the one's responsible for resurrecting
this idea, if that's the correct term.  I've just added some photos of the
adjustable acrylic structure that supports either a sphere-in-sphere or a
toroid, I use it for either:

www.tesla-coil-dot-com/magnifier.htm  about halfway down the page.

This is one innovation that's too good to keep to myself.

Another possible improvement is in moving the primary supports from the
inside of the primary to the outside of it and consequently allows for a
tighter coupling. The primary coils are under a small amount of outward
tension and are secured with two zip ties, the support rods are notched to
secure the position of the 1/4" cu turns.  Also, I'm building a
sphere-in-sphere-in-sphere and hope to have some photos posted soon.

Hope this helps or inspires,

John Cooper