2500 VAC mot into 4x voltage multiplier = 20000 volt capacitor arc-over?

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

I had a thread on here about my 4x voltage multiplier fed with a 2500 VAC 60
hz MOT. Well, bascially I drug it out of the closet and decreased corona and
leakage alot after I noticed it would strike to anything metal within about
4 feet of it without any intentional effort to cause this to happen.
Interestingly enough I also noticed I can create a corona glow effect this
way to any object which is very cool. Anyhow I was charging 2 strings of 10
kilavolt 500 pf by 2 for a 20 kilavolt 250 pF capacitor. For some reason the
2nd string is starting to arc-over(again, these caps are cursed). Is it
possible that the caps need some sort of equalizing resistors or something?
I may soon replace them with some doorknobs I have if this persists.Thanks
for any help you can provide.

---Eric