Re: Tuning Questions

Hi Joe,

I believe you are out of tune.  I don't know what your major diameter is
currently and reducing the major diameter can bring it into tume, but doing
so may reduce the potential spark length.  I currently have a 12KV 30ma NST
running 9.7nf, 16T primary (one turn more than the program says to account
for streamer loading), 3.5x18 1523 turn secondary, with a 4x15 toroid and
I'm getting many streamers and power arcs of 28 inches.  I think I could go
to a bigger toroid but only have one more turn available without adding more
copper.  Besides, if I make longer arcs, I will have to move out of the
house :-))

You may need to be within 1/2 to 1 turn to get good streamers