RE: 300 bbs

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Why would an NST care what the bang-rate is?  What would the failure
mechanism be for a too-high bang-rate?  The only failure modes I'm aware
of are excessive terminal voltages, caused by mains resonant rise from a
too-wide static gap, and _possibly_ NST secondary overcurrent, though
this would be difficult to prove.

Gary Lau
MA, USA