Re: How are 240 VAC variacs made?

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 03:57 PM 29/02/04 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 >
 >you completely missed the point....are they center tapped to ground or not?
 >Obviously 2 x 120 vac's ganged together are, or can be, but are the single
 >core 240 VAC ones center tapped?

Hi Guys,

FWIW, my 240 VAC variac has only three terminals, one at each end of the
winding, and one for the wiper.  In this case, there is no "neutral" or
centre tap, rather the entire winding is connected across the two hots
of the 240 volt source.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle