From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 9:42 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Determine initial LTR cap size. was Best cap size for a sync
gap

Hi Daniel,

Let me see if I can remember ;-))

Originally, LTR values were computed with long hard MicroSim simulations:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy/NSTStudy.htm

The equations for MMC also were known:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/MMCPower4.html

These were combined into the program here:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/programs/Mmccalc2.zip

A modern Excel version is here:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/MMCcalc2.xls

These two programs were used by Mark Broker to make the GeekGroup chart
that everyone goes by now.

Eventually the equations were justified:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/listarchives/2002/April/msg00038.html

Cheers,

          Terry