Re: MOT Wiring Question

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The MOT is probably only about 2kvac. Read the voltage
rating on the cap. If it says something like 2200WVAC
(W orking V olts AC), then the MOT only develops
2200vac.

Cheers,

Greg

 > Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi All,
 >
 > It was spring cleaning day in Ripon, WI today.  I
 > was able to snag a couple
 > of MO's.  The one I have a question about is an old
 > Amana
 > Radarange.  Opening it up I saw warning stickers for
 > 4KV.  The medium sized
 > MOT's output goes to the cap, and from the cap it
 > goes into another smaller
 > xfmr, and from that to the magnatron.  My question
 > is: Is this MOT a 4KV
 > one, and is the other xfmr a filiment xfmr?
 >
 > David E Weiss

=====
Gregory R. Hunter

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg