RE: Waveform Generators - Any interest in BULK board / enclosure purchase ? ? ?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I have no foreseeable use for what you describe.  But if you're looking for
something that would be useful to a large number of coilers, I would like
to see the Terry Fritz Tesla Coil Tuner available as a kit, including some
rudimentary enclosure.  This is a very simple 555-based variable oscillator
with an LED to indicate peak/null points when applied to primary and
secondary circuits.  I would probably opt for a connection to a frequency
counter rather than using a front panel pot calibration.  Building this has
been on my to-do list for years and I don't see that happening any time
soon, so I always end up dragging out my function generator and scope...

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/TCT/TCT.htm

My apologies for railroading your plans, I'm sure this isn't what you had
in mind.  Just hoping to plant the idea in some entrepreneur's mind...

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
<dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

I've been thinking about designing a high quality waveform generator for
sometime now and wanted to find out
if there is any interest on the group for possibly a bulk board / front
panel purchase.

Basically, I would propose designing a PCB board and also a customized front
panel (to fit a nice off-the-shelf Hammond enclosure box) and sell them
together.

The function generator would basically have:
Sine Wave
Square Wave
Triangle Wave
Pulse (adj Duty)
Sawtooth Wave

Initially 0-5VDC with adjustable OFFSET output with the possibility of going
with a power stage for high voltage output.
It would also be PLL synthesized with a crystal for high accuracy and
possibly an LCD PIC interface.

I haven't made any decisions on whether i'll do this or not, but if there is
enough interest, i may consider pursuing it.

Thanks
Dan